Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Google Walk

As some of you may be aware, Google maps implemented a new feature a few weeks back to provide directions to walk between locations instead of just driving. Pretty cool, huh?

See here for a map of how to walk from Aldrich Arena to Lake Phalen. Some key trails were missed that I definitely would have taken (State Trail, Bruce Vento Trail), but it is a beta version...I will give them time. Now, what I'd really like to see are directions for biking based on both time, hills, etc...that would be brilliant.

2 comments:

sirgregsalot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sirgregsalot said...

I tried using that the other day and the way it would have sent me would have been through all the bad neighborhoods along the way... Carry a large stick?