Thursday, April 9, 2015

saying a goodbye

IMG_0808
"The little words of Inez" was a fun little gift that a wonderful friend brought me from Paris.  A small jar with tiny fortune cookie-like quotes in French about life and fashion, it was cute and colorful, and simply unexpected.

But, the astonishing thing was that she gifted it to me the day my grandmother Inez passed away.  She didn't know at the time, either, and I couldn't bear to tell her for fear of starting to cry right in the middle of Flour.

So off I went, back to Minnesota.

IMG_0379
Our plane was delayed due to the take-off of Air Force One!  (you can see it taking off just above the "s" in "airways")

IMG_0388
Boston Harbor Islands

IMG_0393

IMG_0397

3.29.15 Inez Gugisberg obituary
My grandmother was quite the woman.

IMG_0521
Tropical flowers for a lady that loved Hawaii.

IMG_0523

IMG_0525

IMG_0531
A gin and tonic for grandma at the officer's club.

IMG_0611
Back to Boston.

No comments: