Monday, September 7, 2009

progress!

I've been seeing a physical therapist for about five weeks now, and I gotta tell you...it's great. I work out about two hours every day; a lot of stretching, that killer foam roller, and elliptical in order to build up the muscles in my legs that have become totally imbalanced over the past year of painful inflammation and misuse.

I see the progress every day; from the little tiny bruises all over my legs indicating muscle tearing and healing to the fact that, wow, I can use the stairs again! I love it. Lesson? Insist on seeing a physical therapist after an injury. Just do it.

Post script: there was a men's water polo tournament this weekend, and the ellipticals overlook the pool (kind of like the ones in Shirk that overlook the squash courts). It all seemed well and good with their little caps and so forth swimming through the water, throwing a ball. And then they got out of the water. And I nearly died inside. You don't expect the caps they wear to be over half of the fabric that is physically on their body. We're talking some pretty ridiculous crack-age, not to mention the fact that they decided to put their name and mascot on each cheek. They're like those eensy weensy shorts girls wear....except instead of "Cutie Pie!" it says "MIT" on one cheek and the beaver on the other. Not what a girl expects while innocently elliptical-ing away...

3 comments:

Rick L said...

two things. I enjoy that you write out Post Script.
And you know you liked it as the exited the pool. You almost died inside not from laughter but longing.

bridgetwhoplaysfrenchhorn said...

Rick.

1. Thanks.
2. eww, eww, eww, and more eww.

Jen said...

I haven't read your blog before, but am popping over because you entered my giveaway. I just want to tell you, from reading just a few of your posts that you are such an inspiration!!