Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July! --fireworks edition


Goodness I love living here.


We gathered on the Memorial Drive/MIT side of the Charles River at about 3 pm in the afternoon to stake a good spot (which turned out to not matter at all to the not-Minnesota-nice people that decided to run us over).


And yes, that is a tub of frosting on the blanket. It was delicious with pretzels.



Moonrise.


I didn't take any fireworks pictures; cameras interfere with my actual enjoyment of what I spent, oh, 8 hours waiting for...the color, the smell, the vibrations. You can never really replicate fireworks in a photo. And to the couple in their 40s that decided they had to absolutely needed to be up front to get perfect video coverage leaving small children without sightlines in their wake (and, you know, stepping on feet, the picnic snacks we bought, and generally being all-around rude)...well, to you I say bah!

To the four-ish year old boy that was sitting on his dad's shoulders to the right of me somewhere in the crowd that peppered the show with his commentary, to you I say thanks. ("Mama dat one was gawgess!" "Oh mama that one was soooo big!")

And unfortunately the rain decided to come back after two beautiful days. Please sun come back!

1 comment:

You Are My Fave said...

I love a good firework show and the camping out festivities beforehand. Especially when it involves a tub of frosting.