Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm leaaaaavin onnn a jet plaaaannneeee.....

....tomorrow morning, early o'clock sharp!

I cannot wait. It's officially my first vacation of the year, and it will be so good to see friends in both Chicago and Minnesota. I will also NOT have my computer, something which I am inordinately happy about. Besidese being heavy and a pain in the neck to work on since it doesn't have a battery anymore, it's just too associated with work right now. My brain needs a break.

Speaking of needing a break from things I was making zucchini bread last night and taking them out of the oven when the hot loaf pan slipped out of my hands and onto my forearm (I must have gotten Pam on the handles). Anyone ever heard/felt their own skin sear? I ended up with a second degree burn about 2 inches by 1 inch, and MIT medical took a look at it, had me wash it with a nifty antiseptic sponge, and used four different bandages to cover it up. I will spare you the details, but it hurt enough that I had to take some tylenol before I went to bed. It should heal in about two weeks, and if I take care of it, there won't be permanent scarring. Although, I have to say -- the doctor used about an entire lip gloss tube-sized amount of bacitracin on my burn, and it felt quite liberating. Bacitracin always says "only use a pea-sized amount" and I felt morbidly excited about using almost half a tube.

Thank goodness bacitracin tubes are under 3 ounces.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Owwww. Also, owwww.

Kyle said...

eek. Searing skin does not sound fun at all. Hope it heals without problems!

Anonymous said...

*hug* Feel better! And enjoy the vacation. xo