Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Goodbyes

One of the founding members of articles club has graduated and is moving to Switzerland for a postdoc (jealous?  me?  guilty as charged).

She and her husband hosted an open house before they left so everyone could say goodbye - it was hard to believe that I won't see their family until their son is walking and talking!  Thank goodness for skype.

I know it's blurry, but this photo reminds me of Mary Cassat's portraits of mothers and children, so I had to keep it in the album.  


I can see the face of grumpy teenage boy here..."Mom, come on, stop, ugh, stop it!"





A blurry one that is not quite as profoundly pretty as the one that started the post, but they were both teasing Chase with bright shiny things that he can't have, and he was just loving it. 


Until Switzerland!

No comments: