Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grant-writing

I find myself again applying for the National Science Foundation Graduate Student grant, and not exactly reveling in the process. Part of me loves being able to take disparate elements, organize them into a cohesive and understandable form --- turning the literature into a story. But the other part of me is just a little wavering about about some of the bureaucracy of science and being restricted to just two pages, size 12 font, and relying on what side of the bed a reviewer woke up on to decide whether I'm a worthy scientist or not (to the tune of $210,000).

But-- it is a beautiful day outside, the tree outside my window is a lovely autumn-y golden color, I'm making apple pie tonight for the movie night on Friday.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yummm, apple pie. :)