Thursday, June 24, 2010

Angry.



Title of Article: Globs of Oil on Pensacola's Pristine White Sand Beaches (from here)

picture from here


How I feel: Angry. Especially to hear ranking House Republican Joe Barton say things like this:

“I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation (BP) can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case, a $20 billion shakedown, with the attorney general of the United States. But I apologize. I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong is subject to some sort of political pressure..."

Uh...really? You want to apologize to BP for making them pay 20 billion dollars in damage to those that live on the Gulf Coast because they screwed up? Go for it. Between you, Tony Hayward, all the rest of the oil companies...you make me want to scream, and then go frantically clean oil globs off of the shores of Florida and Alabama. Fix this.

1 comment:

Kyla Roma said...

It's just beyond frightening, isn't it? /sigh