I've been adding to this since March...it's now finally ready for it's debut. Okay----go!
1. Graduate. (oh boy. this is a big one)
2. Dance at a ball in Vienna!
3. Host an REU student (a summer undergraduate student)
4. Prepare curriculum for malaria for ages K-12.
5. Visit DC and see the cherry blossoms bloom!
6. Weekend trips to:
The Jersey Shore
Acadia National Park
7. Go on brewery tours here in Boston with my brother
8. Pick my own berries and make homemade jam
9. Sew my own duvet cover
10. Make my own yogurt
11. Start (and continue) the tradition of "Monday Classic Movie Night"
12. See the band "Beirut" live
13. Store all of my things in fun vintage suitcases instead of office boxes
14. Keep an orchid alive.
15. Compost in my apartment
16. Finish 10 semesters with the MIT Symphony Orchestra
17. Go back to Gotland to visit Birgit and Åke (as well as visit Pallav's family in Stockholm and Ulrika in Uppsala)
18. Successfully refinish/reupholster something
19. Publish a paper
20. Find the perfect powerpoint font (I thought I liked Futura, but then I toyed with Gill Sans, and now I'm all in a tizzy because neither of those is quite right)
21. Plan all my meals, all the time
22. Get a DLSR and learn how to take fantastic photographs
23. Do the 100 pushups plan (may have to be modified due to a knee injury, but we'll see)
24. Have a shoe collection which is practical, lovely, and of very good quality.
25. Picnic in Boston Common
26. Visit all of the stops on the T (subway line) here in Boston, and see what's going on around them.
27. Make my own vanilla extract
28. Play horn in a friend's wedding (to be biased about my own instrument, Ave Maria on horn is simply gorgeous)
29. Hold a tea party, complete with cucumber sandwiches and macaroons!
30. Make spritz cookies
31. Go to a beach during the day wearing a two-piece swimsuit (this contains about 85 fears. Sharks, bikinis, sunshine, UV rays....thank goodness Aveeno makes SPF55)
32. Visit a certain someone in Canada
33. DIY space rack out of these tin canisters
34. Scan in all of the pictures from my childhood and archive them digitally
35. Embroider something
36. See the Northern Lights
37. Learn Swedish/Gotlandska
38. Have guests from out of town all the time! (if you come I will feed you copious amounts of cannoli!)
39. Learn how to play one song in full on guitar
40. Send out creative/fun/retro Christmas cards
41. Feel like I have kept in touch with friends from high school and college
42. Be in the best shape of my life (I may go into this one later, I may not. But rest assured, I'm trying to get there every day).
43. Learn how to cook with tofu.
44. Commission a painting from a friend here at MIT
45. Fix my broken jewelry, and then inventory all of it for safety/insurance/posterity
46. Fix my iphoto archives (currently a mess and a half)
47. Make a felt advent calender (kind of like this one)
48. Put one more stamp on my passport (besides the aforementioned Austria, Sweden, and Canada)
49. Have a midsommar celebration, complete with sill (fish), beet salad, new potatoes, strawberries and cream, cloudberry jam and baguettes, and lots of lingonberry and elderflower saft (juice concentrate-like thing)
50. Be there at my brother's college graduation to offer him a shot of Old Crow