Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Uniform Project


One dress, 365 days. I can't get over how cool this is...and it reminds me of my quest junior year in high school to wear a different outfit every day (I did. I don't think anyone noticed, though).

I've seen this in many of the design blogs I stalk, and the story is that Sheena Matheiken started an effort called "The Uniform Project" in order to see if A, she could succeed at this attempt at sustainable fashion, and B, to raise money for the Akanksha Foundation to promote education in India.

She has seven identical dresses, and they were designed by a friend to be worn open/closed/frontwards/backwards. It's a fantastic cut, and I'm pretty sure I might make myself a copy if I can.

She has a call out for accessories and other items to be donated to help her dress every day...I feel really sad that I donated my amazing 80s butterfly belt this summer.

No comments: