Saturday, December 7, 2013

McCormick Hall's 50th Anniversary Celebration

The 50th Anniversary of McCormick Hall was this October, and there was a whole weekend of festivities to celebrate many decades of being a home away from home...from a symposium about Katharine herself, to a wine and cheese reception, to a dinner complete with entertainment from student dance groups that use our dance studio. 

IMG_2595

IMG_2599
The symposium featured a panel of women from McCormick through the decades.

IMG_2602
I dressed up as Katharine for the evening, and boy was it ever fun. 

DSCF1810
Besides meeting alumni and chatting with current students, I met MIT's President, L. Rafael Reif.  I'm pretty sure I have the best "I met you when..." story, he'll certainly never forget meeting me! 

IMG_2606
Dinner in La Sala, with housemasters Kathy and Charles sharing memories from their tenure at McCormick.

No comments: