Monday, February 17, 2014

Baby Shower!

My friend and MIT comrade-in-arms Oksana had her baby shower at the Asgard, and let me tell you, it was such a treat to be a part of a big celebration with friends flying in from all over the country. 

The shower opened with getting-to-know-you games, including a baby guessing game, which I ended up winning, I have no idea how.  Good luck, I suppose.  I was actually baby number one!  

Look at me, big smile, and baby blues.  My eyes turned hazel brown before I turned one, and they've stayed the same ever since. 

Next up was a game guessing baby food flavors. 

The pea was particularly wretched.

Mmm, paint palette of baby food. 

Then---presents!

The most adorable cable sweater you ever did see.

Why yes, that is a crocheted piece of DNA!


Aimee is excited about the giraffe. 

Oh my word, adorable. 

Friends!


Things that are delicious: cake.


Me and the mama-to-be.

Oksana is moving to Switzerland for a postdoc in August, so I thought it'd be fun to make a book with pictures of all of her friends, both for her and the baby.

"The Big Storybook of Names and Faces" from Pinhole Press ended up being perfect: I corralled pictures from other friends attending the shower, and put them all together into a book. It turned out so well, I'd highly recommend their website, the printing and binding quality was great. 

No comments: