Saturday, October 16, 2010

fall Saturday

Things I did today:


I biked the mile to Trader Joes, my skirt flying up here and there, because I made the stupid decision to look at the pretty fall colors on Memorial Drive.  Instead, I frantically tried to pedal and not flash anyone at the same time, which was a losing battle because of the wind advisory today (really Boston?  Thanks). 

I worked in our freezing cold lab, a miserable experience because they did an unannounced steam shut-off this morning.  Brr.  BRR. 


I dressed in red, orange and green today.  Yes, I've noticed.  I'm kind of a kindergarten teacher in disguise.

I bought bread ends at Flour, the world's best deal for $1.50 - I expected them to be stale and perfect for crouton-making, but not so!  They were beautifully soft and fluffy.  Perfect for a dinner of bread and cheddar broccoli chowder.

I made apple butter!  So delicious, oh my.  Along with the maple cream I purchased, the crepes study break later in the year is going to be so tasty.


I watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with my apple-butter-making-GRT-partner-in-crime.  Started out very cool and mad sciencey---ended really, really odd (let's just say Owen Wilson voiced the part of a guy that ended up inside a radioactive half sentient chicken carcass)

I went to bed before midnight.  Always a winning time in my book!


PS  Making the Hippo Dance is a fascinating look at how the folks at Radiolab make the hippo---hard-to-understand scientific concepts ---dance and come alive.  That's exactly what I want to do...Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, do you need a science intern in Boston?

No comments: