Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Berry Picking at the Litchfield House

Going berry-picking is always on my summer bucket list, and I finally crossed it off with a trip to a friend's home in Carlisle, MA.  Her family are the stewards of Litchfield House, a home being restored within Great Brook Farms State Park


I feel like someone somewhere should use kale instead of flowers when walking down the aisle...so curly and pretty!


Their family has about an acre's worth of garden, not even kidding. 



This toad was eight inches long, and jumped over five feet after I took this photo. 

Red currants...so good!  I'm making a red currant vodka currently, and once it's all done it will be time to invent a marvelous cocktail. 


Post-picking treat (it was hot outside!)


There is just something so cute and sassy about goats.  

No comments: