1. Graduate. (oh boy. this is a big one)
--working on it.
2. Dance at a ball in Vienna!
--sigh...my friend who lived in Vienna no longer lives in Vienna, but you never know, maybe I'll get lucky.
3. Host an REU student (a summer undergraduate student)
--Always seems to be out of my reach, sadly.
4. Prepare curriculum for malaria for ages K-12.--I amend this to the work I've done with malaria outreach already (the podcast!). I do hope to get involved with more public education and science, though!
5. Visit DC and see the cherry blossoms bloom!
--I did get to visit DC, but not during cherry season. One day!
6. Weekend trips to:
The Jersey Shore
Acadia National Park
7. Go on brewery tours here in Boston with my brother
--Definitely on his next visit!
8. Pick my own berries and make homemade jam--Last summer, and likely more this summer!
9. Sew my own duvet cover
--Not yet, but on the docket!
10. Make my own yogurt--Once a month, via this crockpot method. Easy and delicious
11. Start the tradition of "Monday Classic Movie Night"--Apparently this isn't the right crowd here at McCormick for such a thing...but muffin nights have definitely been a hit!
12. See the band "Beirut" live
--They'll be in Boston in September!
13. Store all of my things in fun vintage suitcases instead of office boxes--Absolutely. All of the storage in my living room underneath the twin daybed is suitcases...love.
14. Keep an orchid alive.
--Utter fail. Not enough light in this place.
15. Compost in my apartment--Hm, at this point, composting just isn't feasible. I don't have the space. But, MIT expands their composting program every year, so hopefully I'm on the path to composting more often.
16. Finish 10 semesters with the MIT Symphony Orchestra--I've finished 8!
17. Go back to Gotland to visit Birgit and Åke (as well as visit Pallav's family in Stockholm and Ulrika in Uppsala)
--Not quite yet.
18. Successfully refinish/reupholster something.--No space! This will have to wait til after I graduate.
19. Publish a paper.
20. Find the perfect powerpoint font (I thought I liked Futura, but then I toyed with Gill Sans, and now I'm all in a tizzy because neither of those is quite right)
21. Plan all my meals, all the time--Arg, not really. I wish, though. I keep trying different methods, one day I will find one that will work.
22. Get a DLSR and learn how to take fantastic photographs--No DLSR, but a lovely Canon S95. And at this point, I don't want a DLSR, too big and hard to handle.
23. Do the 100 pushups plan (may have to be modified due to a knee injury, but we'll see)
--Sometimes, I'm lazier than I think I am.
24. Have a shoe collection which is practical, lovely, and of very good quality.--Getting there! I'm slowly purging my collection, and I would like to say that I haven't bought a single pair of shoes from Payless in over three years.
25. Picnic in Boston Common
--I can't believe I still haven't done this.
26. Visit all of the stops on the T (subway line) here in Boston, and see what's going on around them.
27. Make my own vanilla extract.
--At this point, I've made about 5 liters of vanilla extract from vodka.
28. Play horn in a friend's wedding (to be biased about my own instrument, Ave Maria on horn is simply gorgeous)
--Yup. And there was Star Wars. Most excellent.
29. Hold a tea party, complete with cucumber sandwiches and macaroons!
--I have attended a tea party with these things (and made lambingtons) but I've never held one on my own. This summer, maybe?
30. Make spritz cookies
--done! Spritz guns are treacherous, though.
31. Go to a beach during the day wearing a two-piece swimsuit (this contains about 85 fears. Sharks, bikinis, sunshine, UV rays....thank goodness Aveeno makes SPF55)
--Nope. Still a wuss.
32. Visit certain someones in Canada
--I wish! Have you seen airfare prices lately? Grumble grumble.
33. DIY space rack out of these tin canisters
34. Scan in all of the pictures from my childhood and archive them digitally--oh, fits and starts. My brother's helping with this one.
35. Embroider something
36. See the Northern Lights
--Nope, can't seem to track them down.
37. Learn the basics of another language--French, for my trip to Paris summer of 2013!
38. Have guests from out of town all the time! (if you come I will feed you copious amounts of cannoli!)
--I have done well on this one
39. Learn how to play one song in full on guitar
--Yeah...I don't have access to a guitar anymore. And I have no particular compunction to complete this one, at least right now.
40. Send out creative/fun/retro Christmas cards
--This winter I have big plans.
41. Feel like I have kept in touch with friends from high school and college
--This is a struggle. Unfortunately, some people don't want to stay in contact.
42. Exercise!--65 minutes of elliptical a day is a start. But I could always improve on this.
43. Learn how to cook with tofu.
--I can't say that I have.
44. Commission a painting from a friend here at MIT.
--I don't really have anyone to commission from...
45. Fix my broken jewelry, and then inventory all of it for safety/insurance/posterity
--I've gotten started on this, but it does take time (and the right cloud cover to provide light sans shadows in the Penthouse)
46. Fix my iphoto archives (currently a mess and a half)
47. Make a felt advent calender (kind of like this one)
--in the works!
48. Put one more stamp on my passport (besides the aforementioned Austria, Sweden, and Canada)
--Paris, next summer!
49. Have a midsommar celebration, complete with sill (fish), beet salad, new potatoes, strawberries and cream, cloudberry jam and baguettes, and lots of lingonberry and elderflower saft (juice concentrate-like thing)
--This Saturday makes the third annual Midsommarfest!
50. Start a garden!--I'd call the Penthouse garden a start!
All told---I've completed 12 absolutely, worked on 13 more, 6 are hereby declared unimportant or un-doable in my current living situation, and I still need to do 19 more. Two years left!