Friday, September 28, 2012

Celebrating local foods

the oregano used for the tomato-basted scup (that's a fish)

Yesterday the dining hall in the dorm celebrated a local foods day, complete with herbs from the Penthouse, and a REALLY embarrassing story/montage about the "hours of back-breaking work" and "lugging gallons of water" to "fashioning a drip irrigation system" to create a "rooftop oasis" complete with a picture of me and our garden setup---it was written by one of the most cheerful dining employees I've ever met in my life, so I can hardly fault his enthusiasm, haha. 


And yes, IWU folks, he even beats Saga Dave.

I think my favorite part of the whole thing is the graphic at the bottom with the picture of the dorm saying "High Rise.  Hyperlocal.  Your garden here."  Love it.  Makes me feel a bit better about the vegetable bust of the season (curse you, cold June!  and early heat and late frost!  messing up the apple season here, too!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay for hyperlocal!!!!!